Saturday, July 19, 2008

Progress . . . Yeah!!

I feel like I have jumped over a huge hurdle!! I conquered the playroom!! The kids share a room so it is only for sleeping and their clothes; therefore, I keep all the toys in a different room. Our new guest room used to be the play room so I had to make the attic into our new one. I don't know why this room is called an attic, it is on the same level as our upstairs but it doesn't have heat or air. So, when necessary we will have to get a heater in there and possibly a portable air conditioner. I had previously put all the toys in categories then Brock and I sorted through them - throw, yard sale and keep. I kept them all in our 3 season room (next to conquer) until I could get the attic cleaned out. I should have taken a before picture of the attic but I decided to save myself the embarrassment - it was a heap!! I could hardly walk through it. It was our dumping grounds - it was filled with outgrown clothes (that needed sorting), stuff to put in a yard sale (for some day), books (not sure why) and toys (still up there from my first attempt to make this a toy room). I was up til 1 a.m. last night getting it
finished and I love it!!

Looking into the room from the hall

Looking to the left (Hannah is checking out the car tent)
The room to the right. You can see a little bit of a sheet that I have covering a loom (the previous owners left it here and will be coming to get it) Hopefully they come soon because it is really big and it will be great to have the space. The tote in the corner is Madison's horses, the basket is the farm set and then Isaac has his tool bench also.

The drawers on either side of the toy chest is the bed frame Madison used before we got the kids bunk beds (it used to be Brock's when he was young). It is perfect to be able to separate the toys in the drawers and also have some space above for setting stuff. I don't have all the drawers full but so far there is : 1 for cars, 1 for the train set, 1 for musical stuff (piano, drum etc) and 1 for the lincoln logs. I will probably put doll stuff in one drawer and plastic animals in the other. I put dress up clothes in the toy chest but might move them to the hall. We will see how this all goes and how easy it is to keep organized. I may have to change some things :-)
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

  1. Looks amazing!! Good luck keeping it that way! He He! I'm sure it will be easier.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Amber... that looks great! The kids are sure to have tons of fun with everything right there to play with, but it most likely won't stay in the places you want it to! :)
    I got our blog layout from a blog called Leelou blogs. I have a link to it on my website. My cousin showed it to me and they are all free. She is a Mormon girl, so she has quite a few mormon themes, but for the most part it is a great place to find free layouts and step by step instructions on how to change yours. :) Good luck if you decide to do it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You sure have been busy! The playroom looks great! I like the cute, pink flamingo. Is there a story behind why that was chosen to be painted on the wall? Will you add some friends?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha Ha! The pink flamingo is actually on poster board and it was something Madison's art teacher made for Vacation Bible School at our church. Once they were done using it she gave it to Madison. I thought that would be a good place for it :-) I am sure Madison is itching to add more to it herself :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks awesome! And you've been way too productive lately;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You better pick a layout soon or you might miss out on a good one! :) She is always posting new layouts, so I like to check back every once in a while and see what is new! Good luck finding one, hope to see it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks good, I never even knew u had an attic :) hahah weird

    ReplyDelete