Thursday, July 24, 2008

Gardening with Grandma

The kids had fun planting flowers when grandma was here. I think Isaac just liked getting dirty but Madison gets into it all - giving her opinion, getting the holes just right and pressing the dirt in :-)


By the looks of everyones hands, Madison gets the reward for doing the most work (or just being messiest)
There are so many flower beds here that it is really hard for me to keep up. I am sure it has nothing to do with the fact that I know nothing about plants and do not have a green thumb at all
I contemplated not doing this bed this year because several plants didn't come back; but I am glad that we did. I really love how it looks. This is in the backyard where Samson is so we had to put a little fence around it because he loves to race around this tree and stare and bark at the squirrels.
The final result - this one is considered the kid's flower garden

We put out left over plants on the other side of the playhouse
Although we didn't work on this flower bed I think they are so pretty so I put this picture in. There are many more flower beds in the front - this was only the back. The previous owners did a great job - now I just have to keep up on it ("just" being an understatement) :-)
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. So pretty, I luv flowers, but I too know nothing about planting or gardening :) Joey like's that kinda stuff though :)

    ReplyDelete