Wednesday, September 24, 2008

In the Midst of Happiness . . .

. . . . . is sadness

This became a reality as we prepared to celebrate my grandma's 90th birthday and were faced with the unexpected death of my uncle Wayne. He was my dad's youngest brother and was only 50 years old. An autopsy later revealed he had a heart attack due to a large tumor on his heart. He was a happy, friendly guy who gave freely of himself to his family and friends (and his beloved dogs) :-) So, sadly, a couple days after celebrating with my grandma we mourned with her, and his girlfriend, his children, my dad and the rest of the family.


My dad and brother Jesse did the music for the funeral and did an awesome job. They also did great picking the songs.

I Know That My Redeemer Lives

Bob Bennett

I know that my Redeemer lives;
What comfort this sweet sentence gives!
He lives, He lives, who once was dead;
He lives, my ever living Head.

He lives to silence all my fears,
He lives to wipe away my tears
He lives to calm my troubled heart,
He lives all blessings to impart.

He lives triumphant from the grave,
He lives eternally to save,
He lives my mansion to prepare;
He lives to bring me safely there.

He lives and grants me daily breath;
He lives, and I shall conquer death:
He lives, and while He lives, I’ll sing;
He lives, my Prophet, Priest, and King.

He lives, all glory to His Name!
He lives, my Jesus, still the same.
Oh, the sweet joy this sentence gives,
I know that my Redeemer lives!

I know that my Redeemer lives!


Presence of the Lord
Eric Clapton
I have finally found a place to live just like I never could before.
And I know I don't have much to give, but soon I'll open any door. Everybody knows the secret, everybody knows the score. I have finally found a place to live in the presence of the lord.
In the presence of the Lord



I Lift My Eyes Up
Brian Doerksen

I lift my eyes up to the mountains
Where does my help come from
My help comes from You
Maker of heaven, creator of the earth

Oh how I need you Lord
You are my only hope
You are my only prayer
So I will wait for You
To come and rescue me
To come and give me life

This song was such a good ending to the funeral . Such an awesome reminder that there is no other hope but the hope we have in Jesus. We have life, eternal life, in HIM! I just pray that anyone without this hope will see their need and allow Him to do as the song says - "come and rescue them, to come and give them life"

4 comments:

  1. Amber,

    Thank you for sharing those videos, that was truly special. I love to hear songs that praise our Lord and remind us of Him!

    Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done! Still so hard to believe.....
    Great to hear the songs again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just had to say that I absolutely love the new layout. The header is fabulous! :)

    ReplyDelete