Friday, May 23, 2008

Our 10 Year Anniversary!

It is hard to believe we have been married for 10 years!! I have been in awe of the way trials, disappointments, happinesses, new adventures, excitement and all the other things marriage brings has brought us closer and closer. What we didn't realize when we got married 10 years ago was that we would fall deeper and deeper in love just because we were 1) making God the biggest priority in each of our lives (and therefore our marriage) and 2) going through the best and the worst experiences together. We couldn't imagine being happier than we were on this day 10 years ago but we definitely are. Will we be even more in love in 10 more years? Is that how it works? Wow, that would be something! I'll let you know in 10 more!


Our life - from the beginning:
We first met (I guess you can't call it meeting because we didn't even talk) in August '95 when we were both in the same English class in college in Sheridan Wyoming. Although we both were immediately interested in the other, we didn't really talk for several months (just chit chat here and there). My parents had moved to sheridan my senior year of HS so as you can imagine I was NOT happy about being there!! I must say, seeing Brock suddenly gave me a new outlook on life in Sheridan :-) It turned out that his family and mine went to the same church and we saw each other there also. FINALLY, February 1, 1996 he asked if I would "like to do something sometime like go to the move?" He called me that night and we have never been apart since!! :-) We moved to Mankato, Minnesota August '96 to go to school. Brock asked me to marry him October 18, 1997 and we got married 7 months later. When he asked me to marry him he was his typical romantic and original self :-) He couldn't believe that I had just turned 21 years old and had never carved a pumpkin before - so he decided we would do that. When I pulled the top off the pumpkin ready to dig in instead there was a box and a rose inside (tied to the "handle" of the pumpkin) I was in shock! It took me by complete surprise. What a nice surprise it was and I have never regretted saying yes!!

at my sister Cori's wedding
on the lake at Brock's dads house in Wisconsin
at Brock's sister Erika's wedding

the night we got engaged - don't we look so happy!!

in florida on our honeymoon - we were both in school still when we got married so we waited til the christmas break to go on our honeymoon. His grandpa took this picture (yes we did stay with his grandparents for a few days of our honeymoon - but that is a story of its own :-) anyways, we were college students gotta save money where you can!)

5 comments:

  1. Happy, Happy, Happy Anniversary!! Wow, 10 years! Good post. Was a stroll down memory lane for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!
    very very nice blog!
    makes me excited for the day when I can someday write out my own story :]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary !!!! Crazy that it's been 10 years WOW seems like yesterday. I remember Brock taking me to maurices to pick out a skirt 4 u :) haha Nice Pic's, you both seem soooo young, it's weird looking back at pic's cuz it doesn't seem like u change that much, but u really do :) Weird

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is the truth,Laura! I was thinking the same thing about changing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. happy anniversary!! ditto karmen. :) hope your day was enjoyable and you were able to have some fun and relaxation!

    ReplyDelete