Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Lambert's Cafe


On our way home from the beach we stopped in Foley, AL at Lambert's Cafe "the only home of the throwed rolls" It was a fun experience and we ate plenty (especially the "throwed rolls")!!
Luckily while we waited for a table there was plenty of stuff for the kids to do


Here is Kate catching a roll.
Jack's turn to catch one

There was one guy walking around throwing rolls to people and another person walking around with apple butter, molasses or butter to go on them. There were also several servers going around offering "pass arounds" - samples of different things. We tried fried potatoes and onions (so good!), macaroni and tomatoes (Hannah loved), black-eyed peas (another favorite of Hannah's - I thought they were pretty good) and fried okra (YUM, I really liked this)





A great photo background on the side of their building

7 comments:

  1. I remember Cori telling me about this place, I'm Jealous :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i loved this place, definitely one of my favorites! i was always too embarrassed to catch my own roll though, i had other people do it or i would wait till it fell right in my lap :]

    oh yeah, there is actually another Lamberts in Missouri -i think its Missouri- so it's not quite the ONLY home of the throwed rolls :]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha Ha - I didn't catch my own either :-)
    Yes, you are correct there are actually 2 in MO and 1 in AL - maybe they mean in general their restaurant is the "only" one and that is the slogan for all three. Maybe someday I will make it to the MO one and see what that is like too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What happens if you don't catch the roll? I'm sure I'd miss it completely or drop it.

    Cute photos of the kids at the beach. Where did you find the rash guards? I need to get one for Finn before we take our trip with Chris's family, to North Carolina, in August.

    ReplyDelete
  5. that was really fun! i'm with you on the okra. yummm!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good pics! Makes me miss you guys. What a fun day it was!

    ReplyDelete
  7. this looks like such a unique place! maybe when i go on a road trip one day i'll stop by and eat there!

    ReplyDelete