Monday, May 12, 2008

Dauphin Island

We went to Dauphin Island one day, about 30 minutes away. It was a really pretty drive, especially driving over the huge bridge that connects to the island. I wished I could have taken a picture of it - it was really tall and was like heading up a huge hill then back down. It was a neat little touristy town and was fun to see all the houses along the beach (all up on stilts!)

These houses were so crazy - they were not along the water so not up on stilts but were worth stopping for a couple pictures! They are so narrow!! Have you ever seen anything like it? Are they real??? They seem pretend but why?? Hmmm . . . I should have stopped and asked someone I guess!

There was another little sand bar out a bit from shore. The older kids went out there but we didn't want to get all wet :-)

Kate, Jack and Madison. Although it looks like they are in deep water it is really shallow. It was like swimming in an ocean pool because there were no waves or anything - it was crazy
Hannah LOVED the water! She loved the sand too - she kept eating it. She loved sitting in the water too
The big kids out on the little island
Time to warm up in the hot sand
Our little soon to be fish!

Hannah and I - no I didn't try to match her towel :-)
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. WOW!!!!!!!!!!!! Looks sooooo fun :) I don't know if I believe that u and Hannah weren't trying to match :) HAHHA that was a cute pic :) Looks like all the kids are having a blast. Yeah u should have asked about those houses seems a little so strange to be real :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yah the water was really below my nees.

    ReplyDelete
  3. cool place isn't it?
    I think I know what bridge your talking about, maybe even a pic of it. I have quite a few pictures of all the crazy bridges I encountered on my Alabama excursion :]

    ReplyDelete