Wednesday, April 16, 2008

What's for dinner?


We have been loving this recipe that I adapted from allrecipes.com. It is so easy and we all like it (which is a plus with picky kids!)

Chicken Wraps


INGREDIENTS
1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
1/2 pound bacon
1/2 of a fresh pineapple, cut in chunks
tamari sauce (or soy sauce) & sesame oil

DIRECTIONS
Cut chicken into bite-size pieces. Wrap with about 1/3 slice of bacon, thread onto toothpick, and top with pineapple chuck. Marinate for 4 hours or longer in tamari sauce/sesame oil mixture. I just pour it on - probably four tablespoons of sesame oil and 1/4 - 1/2 cup tamari. Use enough to cover the bottom of the container. When I marinate it I flip the container over every hour so all the pieces get to soak in it for a bit.
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F .
Place marinated pieces on a broiler pan (or normal pan if you don't mind all the bacon grease) and bake for 20 minutes, or until chicken is done and bacon golden brown. We like to eat it with rice and salad. Yum!! Enjoy!

Brock is not a huge cooked pineapple fan but he really likes this (although not as much when I used canned pineapple) :-)
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

  1. Looks yummy! I'll have to make it when I get back from Nashville. Or maybe, I'll wait and let you make it for us here when you come. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks good, I might have to try that. It looks alittle fancy for my kinda cooking. If i start making things like that, Joey will expect that all the time :) HAhha

    ReplyDelete
  3. that looks very,very,VERY yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow, that looks fantastic! I'll have to try that when Chris gets back in town this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. it looks so good and so simple to make! (just planning ahead, i guess, for the marinating) i'm so excited to be able to cook for myself next year--maybe i'll try it out on my roommates! (and guests) :)

    ReplyDelete