Monday, February 4, 2008

Just Like Riding a Bike

I haven't sewn anything in ages. It has been about 12 years since I have sewn doll clothes and about 6 yrs since sewing a dress for Madison when she was a baby. Last week I had a brilliant (yah right) idea when Madison received a birthday invite. I told Madison I would make her friend a doll dress for her American Girl. I was feeling extra nice and told Madison I would make one to match for her doll also. :-)
Of course I put it off till the evening before the party. I was really hoping that I remembered how to do it and luckily when I got started it all came back to me. Now I know, just like riding a bike, it doesn't matter how much time lapses it is like you have done it all along :-) And I even had fun doing it except the last couple hours when the party was fast approaching and I wasn't even close to finished. Madison loved it and is itching to try sewing for herself.
I ended up finishing in time although I had to send Madison off when her ride arrived and bring the gift 1 hour later :-)
I made 2 dresses and 2 shawls - opposite colors for Madison's doll, Nicki and her friends doll, Josephina. Both girls loved them and I will probably do it again soon (and give myself more time this time)
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

  1. SO impressive! they look great! i think you should teach me how to sew. we could be so gazelle--making our own clothes instead of buying them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds good - I don't know if I want to be THAT gazelle though, I'd hate to give up shopping :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those dresses turned out so adorable. The prints and the lace are so perfect. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE the dresses! So pretty. I'm inspired, well maybe, to start sewing!

    ReplyDelete