Friday, October 17, 2008

Change

Today is the first big step to a huge change for us - Brock's last day of work at Polaris. Soon we will be saying goodbye to MN and heading to MT. We are excited because we know that this is God's leading and we know this is His will for us. However, while knowing that gives us the confidence to take the steps it doesn't take the emotions away. We will be leaving so many awesome friends, our church, our first home, our first business, the only place our kids know as "home" and taking with us unending memories of happiness. While my heart is heavy with sadness for what we must say goodbye to it is filled with joyful anticipation for what God has for us in MT.Brock went to ID this last spring for work and was able to ride with a photographer. He sent us lots of awesome pictures of Brock riding.
I am very proud of Brock, proud of him for leaving the comforts of his job and setting out on a new adventure. This new adventure means he will learn a new job and reenter that uncomfortable time of being the rookie and not knowing exactly what you are doing. He could continue doing what is known or what is comfortable but it is more important to him to follow God than take the "easy" road. That is one of the many reasons I love him and am proud of him, he is leading our family as he follows God's leading.

I can't imagine doing this - it is scary just to look at :-) It is an awesome picture though isn't it?

I guess riding sideways is as fun as flying through the air!!
What a cool guy I am married to :-)

The picture of Brock heading up the hill and going over (bottom left) reminds me of what this journey to MT could be like - if we didn't have God. Doing it without HIM would feel like going over the hill without knowing if a cliff or valley lies beyond. However, when you trust your life to God and let Him lead it doesn't matter what is below. If it is a cliff - hang on, stay focused and keep following HIM. I have learned through experience that I would rather follow HIM down a cliff than take the easy road without Him. This truth has only become even clearer to us on this 2 year process of deciding to make this move.

6 comments:

  1. Great pictures, great post! It is hard to be in that transition place, I know. I will be praying!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh, all your posts this week have caused great emotion. I think I've been avoiding thinking about you leaving as much as possible, even though I don't see you that much now, and now it's all hitting me. Thanks for sharing all the stories of the kids' births (I remember when you told me you were going to have Isaac!) and the journey of moving.
    Talk to you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there! I was just jumping from blog to blog and I HAD to stop when I saw the pictures of your husband sledding. We live in the Rocky Mountians of BC and do this kind of riding all the time (Well, *I* don't, but my husband does - and I double on behind!) Rod (my husband) owns a snow-mobile tour company, and loves the thrill of fresh powder and steep slopes.

    Just wanted to say "Good shots!" and God bless you as you move.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that is incredible. You definitely are an example of someone that follow the Lord in all things! Good luck on the move!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Here' to the cliff experiences and hanging on!!!!!!!!! There's no thrill like finding the everlasting arms beneath you!!

    ReplyDelete